Thursday, September 4, 2008

Same platform one night later...

One day later and I was in for my second time modeling for the state university- I made sure I got there earlier this time. I was about 20 minutes early despite the autumnal downpour I encountered driving in. I headed to room 407 only to find that they had moved the figure drawing class for that evening to room 400. This really wasn't an issue because 20 minutes was far too early for any college student to turn up to class.

Tonight was all long pose. The instructor had me assume a seated pose which I had to hold for three, long sessions of about 30 minutes each. My hand and leg fell asleep during the pose but I was able to shut the discomfort out of my head by concentrating on thoughts of a woman who recently shut me out of her life. I seem to be able to hold onto things like that as a sort of mental fulcrum to tip the balance of sensation from physical pain to inner, existential pain. Whatever it takes to hold the pose, I guess....

The session went well and the instructor made the comment that I was very steady and didn't shake during the class. I'll put that one down as a positive.

After the class, I met with another instructor from the visual communications program with whom I'd worked over the summer on some photo and design projects. The image at the head of this post is one of the images he captured during our collaboration. If only I could maintain that hover over the field indefinitely....

The viscom instructor is putting together some wonderful design pieces for me to help me build a portfolio of photo work. I am greatly indebted and most grateful for his efforts. I will share more of our collaboration in future posts.

In the meantime, I'll be posing on that platform a few times a week. Hopefully I inspire some memorable pieces.


No comments: